Contents “C# Basics Programming Training”
In this C# training for professional software developers, you will learn the basics of C# and Visual Studio 2019 for .NET/.NET Core applications.
In this C# training the basics of C# and Visual Studio 2019 are presented comprehensively and compactly. A C# seminar for software developers in companies who want to program professionally with C# and Visual Studio.
The contents (here detailed as pdf) of this course can be adapted to the needs of the students.
1. The Development Environment Visual Studio
Editor, Debugger, Intellisense, Solution Explorer, Tips and Tricks, Lesser Known Features.
2. .NET User Interface Controls
This topic can be done with WPF and Windows Forms.
- Single and multi-line text boxes, labels
- ListBoxes and ComboBoxes
- Buttons and Events
- CheckBoxes, RadioButtons, GroupBox and Panel
- Main Menus and Context Menus
- standard dialogs
3. Elementary Types and Statements
- Field and instance variables, local variables, type inference with var
- integer types (int, char, etc.), implicit conversions, checked context
- Type bool
- Floating point types: float, double and decimal
- Elementary statements (if, for, while etc.)
- The integrated debugger
- Functions: value, ref and out parameters, default arguments, named parameters
- Simple Classes, Instance Elements, Garbage Collection, and Static Elements
- Using the .NET libraries (e.g. Math)
- Constants and readonly field variables
- Value types, value and reference semantics, enumeration types
- The string class string
- Overloaded methods and operators
- Assemblies – Applications and DLLs
- preprocessor directives
4. Arrays and Collection Classes
- One-dimensional arrays and the foreach statement
- Array functions for directories and files
- The base class Array
- parameter arrays
- Sequential Collection Classes (List<T>, Queue<T>, LinkedList<T>)
- Generic Dictionaries, HashSet<T> and SortedSet<T>
5. .NET Classes for Processing Files
- Binary files and text files
- XML files
- Serialization with BinaryFormatter. SoapFormatter and XmlSerializer
6. Object-Oriented Programming: Reference Classes
- Fields and Methods
- The Scope of Validity of Class Elements
- Objects, data encapsulation and the access rights private and public
- Data Encapsulation with Properties
- Calling methods and the this reference
- constructors, the standard constructor, object initializer, this constructor initializer
- Static elements, constructors and classes
- OO Analysis and Design: Designing Classes
7. Inheritance and Composition
- The elements of derived classes
- Access rights to the elements of base classes
- The Basis Class System.Object and its Methods
- Inheritance of Forms in Forms Applications
- OO Design: Inheritance and “is a” Relationships
- OO design: composition and “has a” relationship
- Conversions Between Derived Classes
- Inheritance of value classes
- Virtual functions (new and override), late binding and polymorphism
- Abstract classes and methods
- Type tests with is and type conversions with as
- Sealed classes and methods
About “C# Basics Programming Training”
Target audience for this C# training
Software developers who want to write professional programs using C#.
Teaching style of the C# seminar
Lecture with many examples. A balanced combination of theory and practice.
- At the beginning of a new topic, an overview of applications, basic ideas and syntax is given.
- The concepts and the syntax are illustrated by using carefully selected and proven examples. Often, best practices" are presented.
- The manuscript contains numerous practical exercises.
- If desired, tasks from the work of the students can also be dealt with. This should be arranged before the start of the training.
Extensive and detailed training materials (approx. 200 pages) - Full text, no PowerPoint slides containing only keywords. Therefore, the course materials can also be used as a reference at work.
Place and time of this C# training
This seminar is offered as an inhouse seminar (at your site). The implementation as a face-to-face seminar is preferred, but is also possible as an online seminar. Dates by arrangement.
Duration: 5 Tage
Prof. Richard Kaiser has been conducting seminars for companies for many years, mainly on software development and the programming languages C#, C++ and C. He knows the requirements of practice and addresses them in detail, both in the basic concepts and in the details. His clients include renowned global corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises. He is the author of several books on C++, most recently "C++ mit Visual Studio 2019". He was a member of the DIN standardization committee Information Technology NI-22 for many years.