Contents “C++ Advanced Programming Training”
This C++ course introduces advanced C++ concepts for advanced programmers. This includes especially templates, which are the basis for the C++ standard library (STL).
This C++ training differs from many other C++ courses in that the new language elements of C++11, C++14 and C++17 are used from the beginning. It is aimed at software developers in companies who want to program professionally with C++. The course can be conducted with the compiler of your choice (Microsoft C++ with Visual Studio 2017, gcc etc.).
This C++ advanced course, together with the C++ basic course, provides a comprehensive overview of modern C++.
The contents can be adapted to the wishes of the participants.
- Defining and using namespaces
2. Exception handling
- try, catch, throw
- Exceptions in the Standard Library
- Releasing Resources (RAII)
3. Standard library containers
- Sequential containers, iterators
- Ordered and unordered associative containers
- vector, list and deque
4. Functors and lambda expressions
- The call operator
- Predicates and comparison functions
- Lambda expressions
- Function templates and specializations
- Non-Type Parameters
- Recursive Function Templates and Variadic Templates
- Class templates
- Type traits
- Type inference
6. STL algorithms and lambda expressions
- Iterators: reverse generators, insert functions and insert generators, stream iterators
- Linear search and counting
- Searching for subsequences
- Minimum and maximum
- Swapping elements
- Copying ranges
- Transform, replace and remove elements
- Partitioning and Sorting
- Binary search in sorted areas
- Mixing of sorted areas
- Set operations on sorted areas
7. Times and calendars with chrono
- Time and duration
- Starting Functions with async and thread
- Multithreading with Lambda expressions
- Exceptions in Threads
- future and promise
- Lock critical sections with lock_guard etc.
- condition variables
9. smart pointer
- unique_ptr, shared_ptr, weak_ptr
About “C++ Advanced Programming Training”
Target audience for this C++ training
Software developers who want to write professional programs using C++.
Requirements: C++ knowledge at the extent of the C++ basic course.
Teaching style of the C++ course
Lecture with many examples. A balanced combination of theory and practice.
- At the beginning of a new topic, an overview of applications, basic ideas and syntax is given.
- The concepts and the syntax are illustrated by using carefully selected and proven examples. Often, best practices" are presented.
- The manuscript contains numerous practical exercises.
- If desired, tasks from the work of the students can also be dealt with. This should be arranged before the start of the training.
Extensive and detailed training materials (approx. 200 pages) - Full text, no PowerPoint slides containing only keywords. Therefore, the course materials can also be used as a reference at work.
Place and time of this C++ training
This seminar is offered as an inhouse seminar (at your site). The implementation as a face-to-face seminar is preferred, but is also possible as an online seminar. Dates by arrangement.
Duration: 5 days
Prof. Richard Kaiser has been conducting seminars for companies for many years, mainly on software development and the programming languages C#, C++ and C. He knows the requirements of practice and addresses them in detail, both in the basic concepts and in the details. His clients include renowned global corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises. He is the author of several books on C++, most recently "C++ mit Visual Studio 2019". He was a member of the DIN standardization committee Information Technology NI-22 for many years.